The Visual Agency is a data and information design agency specialized in communicating complexity and visualizing data. We use information design to unlock the story-telling power of data and turn numbers and words into meaningful visualizations, memorable insights and engaging experiences.
We are a growing team of 25 people. Our staff spans from information designers, developers and consultants to motion-graphers and illustrators.
In March 2023 The Visual Agency joined forces with BIP Group, one of the fastest growing consulting firms globally. The acquisition placed The Visual Agency at the core of BIP’s centre of excellence xTech powerful network, helping companies achieve quality at scale through the combination of strategic advisory, operational support, innovation, design & technology as well as advanced data capabilities.
As Junior Digital Designer you will be part of our Digital Design Team in Milan.
ABOUT THE JOB
Just graduated and ready to start your first path in a professional environment? If you are keen on the digital sector, and if you share our passion for data visualization and information design, you are in the right place.
We are looking for a Junior Digital Designer to join our team dedicated to the creation of dashboards using tools such as: PowerBI, Looker, Tableau, etc. You will partner with a combined team of talented information, digital and UI/UX designers from The Visual Agency and the BI developers team from Bip xTech.
You will play an active role in all design phases of the digital product: from understanding customer needs and developing a strong concept rationale to sketching and wireframing; from building aesthetically qualitative UI to creating high fidelity prototypes.
Hit “apply” and let us know how your skills can benefit our team!
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As Junior Digital Designer, you will support the activities on our ongoing and future projects. You will learn by doing, and you will join the team involved in designing digital BI products.
A typical project could cover some of the following activities:
- Understand customer needs with workshops and analysis
- Structure information architectures, site maps, user flows
- Prepare sketches and wireframes
- Build consistent and qualitative UI
- Set up high fidelity prototypes
- Knowledge of data visualization tools (PowerBI, Looker, Tableau, etc.)
- Ability to carry out an information design activity (experience in creating infographics)
- Proficiency with contemporary design tools and methods (Figma, Adobe Creative Suite)
- Data analytics skills
- Willingness to learn the dynamics of working in a company with international clients
- Willingness to experiment and get involved
- Knowledge of the English language
- Candidates who include a link to their portfolio in their cv will be given more consideration.
What we offer
- Permanent contract
- A great working environment and team
- Place of work: Milano (about 50%/50% between in-presence and smart working)
- We highly evaluate training: every year we dispose budget and times to make sure everyone is up to date on new technologies and tools